Pierogi Lasgana is a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes and tastes like a creamy, cheesy, mashed potato casserole.
- butter or Pam for greasing pan
- 6 cups leftover mashed potatoes this was from about 5 pounds of potatoes
- 3-4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 lasgana noodles boiled
- 4 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled
- onions and sour cream for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously butter or Pam a
Place 3 noodles on bottom of pan then spread generous amount mashed potatoes on noodles, sprinkle some bacon pm [potatoes ,then sprinkle with with cheese. Place 3 noodles over the layer of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with top noodle and then cover with foil.
Bake for 35 minutes and then remove foil and add cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Allow to cool before slicing.
Serve as is, or with caramelized onions and or sour cream.