- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4-6 small chicken breasts or 2-3 chicken breasts, trimmed to be around 6 oz apiece
- salt and pepper to taste (about a pinch each)
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms cleaned and stems removed (optional, slice into thick slices)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parsley or green onions to garnish
In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium high until shimmery.
Season with salt and pepper, and brown each side until deep golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
Add mushrooms to dish.
Let mushrooms brown with chicken, another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
Add garlic and italian herb blend, let garlic soften and become fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add butter and stock to pan, taking care to scrape up any browned bits.
Let stock reduce, 4 minutes.
Stir in parmesan cheese and top with parsley or green onions to garnish.
Serve over pasta, rice, vegetables, or on its own.
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Mushrooms
Amount Per Serving
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 189
Total Fat 21g
Saturated Fat 11g
Total Carbohydrates 2g
Vitamin A 10.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.