4/15/12

Are You a Seeker? | Today's Encouraging Word | deni weber

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29
Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Isaiah 55:6
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; Lamentations 3:25
For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:8
“Hi. My name is deni … and I’m a seeker.”
If you are at all familiar with 12-step programs, you will recognize that word format. You might hear, My name is _____, and I’m an alcoholic. Or My name is _______ and I’m an addict.
It’s most always framed towards an addiction or life problem.
Today, after a Bible study chat I understood something about myself that I had never realized before.
I am a seeker.
I always have been – even before I realized what I was truly seeking.
I sought out truth.
I sought out caring.
I sought out honesty and integrity.
I always knew there was something more.
All that time I was seeking God.
God promises us that if we seek Him with all our heart that we will find Him. There are other encouraging words to cling to, too.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. Jeremiah 29:11-12
It may not feel as if we have a future and a hope, but if we are seeking after God, we do and we will. He has already promised His part.
Will you join me as a seeker?
It’s up to you from here.
Father God, Thank you for the need you have put in our hearts to seek out truth. May we always look to you for the fulfillment of that need and not seek our answers in anyplace else but you. Amen and amen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
visited the Encouraging Words website

No comments: