6/21/12

Irish Blueberry Scones


I got this recipe from my mom's recipe collection my dad gave me. I found a lot different ones on pinterest and online, but Mom's is ALWAYS the best. They came out great... my husband loved them and he isn't a big scone eater. I packed some up to bring to my dad's tomorrow and hubby was like your taking the scones lol I assured him I left some for him.

~Happy Baking~

Pre-Heat Oven to 350'


Ingredients

3 Cups Flour
1/2 cup sugar
2  1/2 tsp backing powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 cup buttermilk ( low fat)
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup raisins, or blueberry's, or cranberries, or what ever you like to add

Directions

Put dry ingredients in bowl. Add buttermilk, melted butter and raisins
( or what ever you decide to add I added blueberries)
Mix the batter, using a wooden spoon, do not over mix. Shape into 12 round scones. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. 

Bake for 10 mins on each side , when bottoms are golden brown. 
( Ovens may vary )

Enjoy!




No comments: