7/3/12

Honey Barbecue Grilled Chicken



I love honey and I love Chicken and I LOVE Barbecue on the grill.

So I am always in search of different recipes and this is the one I found tonight.
Which I will be trying this week. I am sure it is delicious. This is even especially good as i can make it in the morning and put in fridge for the day. I plan on making Grilled potatoes in foil packets with this since it is all cooked on the grill. Notice it is GRILLED lol I cook a lot on the grill from spring into fall.
 I grab my chair, my book and cook my dinner out in the fresh air. OH and the bug spray those mosquito's love me, giggles.



~~HAPPY GRILLING~~
  

INGREDIENTS
8 chicken drumsticks ,thighs or boneless breasts
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp whole grain mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS
Make 2 or 3 cuts into each drumstick ,thighs or breasts.
Whisk the ketchup, orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper together in a large Ziploc baggie. Add the chicken and mix to coat well. Refrigerate, occasionally turning the chicken to coat, for at least 4 to 6 and up to 24 hours.

Build a medium fire in an outside grill. if gas grill heat to med-high.
Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade for basting. Spray Pam on the grill grate. Place the chicken on the grill and cover. Grill for 20 minutes, turning and basting frequently with the marinade. Make a cut to make sure juice runs clear if using legs and thighs.


No comments: