7/11/12

Pretzel Crusted Chicken


Here is a recipe I came across and plan to try this week. I am sure it is delicious as it has my favs pretzels and chicken.  You can use any dipping sauce you like. I use Honey mustard and hubby uses Hot mustard.
~~HAPPY COOKING~~

Ingredients

4 chicken breast ( I cut them into strips)
1/2 bag pretzels
2 tablespoons paprika
Salt ( use your judgement) 

Pepper ( use your judgement) 
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Place pretzels in a heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag and crush into coarse crumbs.  Mix in paprika,  salt, and  pepper. 
Divide pretzel crumbs between 2 shallow dishes.
In a bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg whites, and mustard.
Working with 1 piece at a time, dredge chicken in pretzel crumbs from first dish, then dip into buttermilk mixture, shaking off excess. Coat thoroughly with crumbs from second dish.
Place on parchment-lined baking pan and bake until chicken crust is crispy and an 20 to 30 minutes depending on size of chicken.

I make french fries and Sweet potato Fries ( hubby likes reg I like sweet)
OR I made Potato Salad or Macaroni Salad as a side dish

No comments: