prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 1 1/2 lb total
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1 teaspoon each of butter and oil in large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until lightly browned, remove from pan.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of butter and oil, sauté mushrooms until browned, remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium, season pork chops with salt, pepper and paprika. Add remaining oil to pan, brown pork chops, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add tomatoes, onions and mushrooms, reduce heat to low and cover pan. Simmer for 5 minutes or until chops reach internal temperature of 145°F. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Suggestion: Serve with cooked pasta and steamed asparagus.
Per serving: 330 calories, 18g fat, 6g saturated fat, 75mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 5g sugars, 31g protein