Today is Superbowl Sunday. I got a new crockpot, well my first crockpot and been having a grand ole time with it ! So I figured for Superbowl Sunday I would try this recipe out and it came out GREAT! You can make it hot if you like, I am not one for hot foods. My hubby added hot sparks to his to make his hot.I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Chili
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Hours 15 Minutes
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce ( if u like it hot I don't use it)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheese ( you can use cheddar, american or what ever you like )
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook the red onion in the hot oil until tender. Stir in the ground chicken; cook and stir until completely browned. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker and return the skillet to the heat. Fry the sausage in the reheated skillet until completely browned and crumbly; add to the slow cooker. Mix the tomato paste and kidney beans into the chili. Continue cooking on High another 2 hours. Switch the heat to Low and simmer 4 hours more. Last 5 minutes of cooking, mix in the cheese. You can also sprinkle it over the chili before you eat it.
I used Tostado Chips to dip in the chili. Scoops work good or the new one, strips.