7/26/12

Peach Buttermilk Scones



This is my mom's recipe that I used before to make blueberry scones. They were a huge hit with hubby and dad and me of course. It is peach season now and I already made Peach Streusel Coffee Cake and dad kinda hinted that the store bought scones didn't taste good as the ones I made . He loves peaches , so I figured why not try peach scones. SO today I am food shopping and plan to stop by the local fruit & Veggie ,Sloan Boys Market on the way back. They have fresh grow veggie and fruit. So I hope to be making a batch this afternoon some time.
 ♥
~~HAPPY BAKING~~

Makes 12

INGREDIENTS
3 cup all-purpose is fine
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda 
1 cup buttermilk
1  stick butter, melted in microwave
1 cup of  peach's, skinned and chopped into pieces* 

DIRECTIONS


Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
Put dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Add buttermilk,  butter, and peach's and mix together,using a spoon ( I use a wooden spoon)  DO NOT OVER MIX . 

Shape into 12 round scones . Bake about 10 mins on each side- turn when bottom is golden brown.  Ovens may vary 

* You can use any fresh fruit, dry fruit, or frozen fruit

No comments: