I plan to make this next time my sons come and the girls. They will love this. They LOVE Pepperoni. You can use any meat you like.
You can take the long route and make your favorite pizza dough and marinara sauce, or the short route and pick up your favorite pizza dough and red sauce from the store.
I plan to make it with the 2 girls ( grand daughters) , they love to help me cook when they are here. So depends on how much time we have, if we make home made dough.
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 Tbsp butter
2 lbs pizza dough ( my basic pizza dough recipe) you can use store bought
6 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (you'll need ~48 pieces)
48 slices of pepperoni (from 1 package)
2-3 cups marinara sauce, warmed, for serving
1. Heat garlic and butter over medium heat just until the garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat and let sit.
2. Lightly brush the inside of a bundt pan (or other oven-safe dish) with garlic butter.
3. Pull off large marble-sized balls of dough and flatten
Top with a slice of pepperoni and a cube of mozzarella.
4. Wrap the dough around the pepperoni and cheese, pinching well to seal.
5. Very lightly brush the pizza ball with garlic butter and place into the bundt pan ( dabbed the pizza balls on a butter-dipped silicon brush to keep butter use low - there will be 1+ Tbsp leftover - and my hands butter free. Buttery hands make it hard to get the pizza balls to seal).
6. Repeat until all of the dough is used.
7. Cover and let sit for 30 minutes, while preheating the oven to 400'.
8 .Bake for 35 minutes, until the top is very brown.
9. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
10. Turn out onto a platter and serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.